BiTS labo
Register to get full access to discussions, affiliate programs, discounts, partnerships and other contra-fashionable topics.

BiTS labo community is built in order to discuss Fashion and Design Establishment in all its' details and nuances.

Support BiTS labo community by following it on Facebook and Twitter.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

BiTS labo
Register to get full access to discussions, affiliate programs, discounts, partnerships and other contra-fashionable topics.

BiTS labo community is built in order to discuss Fashion and Design Establishment in all its' details and nuances.

Support BiTS labo community by following it on Facebook and Twitter.
BiTS labo
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Designer John Galliano plans comeback at Oscar de la Renta

Go down

Designer John Galliano plans comeback at Oscar de la Renta Empty Designer John Galliano plans comeback at Oscar de la Renta

Post by xyz Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 am

INFO SOURCE: FashionMag

NEW YORK - Disgraced fashion designer John Galliano is making his return to the industry with a temporary residency at Oscar de la Renta's studio in New York, de la Renta said on Friday.
The British designer, who was fired by Dior in 2011 after he was caught on camera making anti-Semitic remarks in a Paris cafe, will spend the next three weeks with de la Renta as he prepares for his forthcoming New York Fashion Week show.

"He has worked long and hard on his recovery, and I'm happy to give him the opportunity to reimmerse himself in the world of fashion and reacclimate in an environment where he has been so creative," de la Renta said in a statement confirming Galliano's stint.

De la Renta added that he had known Galliano for years and said "I'm a great admirer of his talent."

Galliano, 52, said an addiction to drugs and alcohol had left him out of control and he was determined to make amends.

Galliano's sudden departure from the star position at one of the multibillion-dollar global fashion world's most recognized labels shook the industry and left LVMH, Dior's owner and a leading international luxury goods conglomerate, without a creative leader at its top couture brand for months.

Dior's new lead designer, Raf Simons, presented his first ready-to-wear collection last September.

A French court handed out a 6,000-euro ($8,000) suspended fine to Galliano in 2011 after he was found guilty of anti-Semitic behavior.

In a statement issued on Friday, Galliano said he has been in recovery from alcoholism for the past two years, but that several years before "I descended into the madness of the disease. I said and did things which hurt others, especially members of the Jewish community."

He added that he was "committed to making amends to those I have hurt. I am grateful to Oscar beyond words for inviting me to spend time with him in the familiar surroundings of a design studio. His support and faith in me is humbling."

Since his Dior dismissal, Galliano has designed British model Kate Moss's wedding dress and was mooted as the new creative director of the relaunched fashion label Schiaparelli in rumors that were quickly dismissed, Vogue magazine reported.

Galliano is widely thought of as one of the most talented and creative names in fashion. His shows for his eponymous label and Dior were known for their drama and theatrical beauty.

'PRINCE OF ROMANTIC GLAMOUR'

Fashion world figures expressed support for Galliano's return, with Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman saying "This is terrific" on Twitter.

"Oscar de la Renta is the king of uptown style and John Galliano the prince of romantic glamour, so it should be a magical match," she told Vogue.

Marie Claire creative director Nina Garcia, who is also a judge on the popular television competition "Project Runway," said "Welcome to New York John Galliano!!!!!" in a Twitter posting, while Elle magazine gushed, "You'll never believe who Oscar de la Renta welcomed to his NYC studio!"

The Anti-Defamation League, which monitors and fights anti-Semitism, also welcomed the move, citing Galliano's "demonstrated effort to learn from his remarks about Jews, Hitler and the Holocaust."

"We believe that individuals can change their hearts and minds as long as they demonstrate true contrition," said the group's national director, Abraham Foxman, in a statement posted on its website.

"Mr. Galliano has worked arduously in changing his worldview and dedicated a significant amount of time to researching, reading, and learning about the evils of anti-Semitism and bigotry."

Foxman said Galliano had met with the group many times, and added: "We wish him much success and look forward to working with him again in the near future as a spokesman against anti-Semitism, intolerance and bigotry."
xyz
xyz
Admin

http://www.bitslabo.fr

Back to top Go down

Designer John Galliano plans comeback at Oscar de la Renta Empty Re: Designer John Galliano plans comeback at Oscar de la Renta

Post by xyz Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:27 am

And as we all know, Galliano is fighting Dior back to earn some decent closure to the matter from his former employer, so he is suing them and so far he is leading the battle.

Here are the news regarding the results of first round.

Some infos regarding his salary, good job John:

"Yesterday, a court heard that Galliano - who was present for the trial - earned a €1 million (£858,900) annual salary at Christian Dior Couture, plus variable compensation of up to €700,000 (£601,000), and a percentage of the brand's annual sales rise. He was also given a yearly clothing budget of €30,000 (£25,700), and a grooming budget for personal appearances of €60,000 (£51,500). The designer also received a further €2 million (£1.7 million) per year for his work at his eponymous label and a percentage linked to the decrease in brand losses every year. The contract also entitled him to a second annual clothing and grooming budget totalling €100,000 (£85,800)."

Wishing him good luck for the rest of the battle, which might last for years.
xyz
xyz
Admin

http://www.bitslabo.fr

Back to top Go down